Volunteer and be part of West Seattle’s premier summer event on Alki Beach! If you are interested in helping out please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org – and indicate in the subject line -Volunteer Coordinator.
The Alki Art Fair doesn’t happen without a solid group of volunteers dedicated to ensuring that the fair runs smoothly for public enjoyment and for our artist/food vendors and musicians. Attendance at our 2011 Fair was over 15,000 for the two days and over 20,000 for the two days of the 2012 Fair.
Planning Committee Volunteer Opportunities
The Planning Committee consists of the Art Fair Director and 12 “subcommittees” with specific duties assigned to produce the Fair and to coordinate with the community. Each activity has a responsible chair; all chairs will need volunteers to help them as the Fair weekend draws closer.
Children’s Art Activity
The Planning Committee meets on the third Thursday of each month from 6:30 to 7:30 pm at the Fauntleroy Schoolhouse, 9131 California Ave. SW. Anyone is welcome to attend to find out more about how the Fair comes together.
Fair Weekend Volunteer Opportunities
– Typical jobs include
- Set up Saturday morning and tear down Sunday night (Logistics)
- Stow Music Stage equipment in bathhouse Saturday night (Performance)
- Staff the auction in the Bathhouse (Silent Auction)
- Direct musicians and vendors and keep parking spaces on Alki Ave clear for loading and offloading (Traffic Control)
- Staff the information booth and sell T-shirts (Volunteer, Publicity)
- Assist art vendor setup and tear down
- Assist director as “runner” for vendors
- Assist children at the Children’s Art booth
If you are interested in helping out contact: email@example.com – and please indicate on subject line -Volunteer Coordinator.