ARTISTS & MAKERS
We are seeking local artists and makers, both emerging and established, who create hand-made original art or products.
• $250-Standard 10' x 10' Booth
• $0-Emerging Artist Table*
*This booth is intended for first time Alki Art Fair artists (of any age) who are in the early stages of their art career. The Fair will provide each selected artist a 6’ foot table in a shared booth. Selected artists will only need to bring their artwork and any setup required for it.
• $30-Trade Show License**
**Required if you do not have a City of Seattle Business License
Any cancellations after acceptance shall be subject to a 15% service fee.
MUSICIANS & PERFORMERS
We're looking for musicians and performers of all genres – the fair is a great venue to promote future performances and meet new fans.
BATHHOUSE STAGE PERFORMANCES (adjacent to the Beer Garden):
• Stipend per act
• 12' x 24' stage with bandshell cover
• Assistance with setup and strike
• Break room with snacks and drinks
• Table area for merchandise
• Standard PA equipment and backline
• Designated load-in/load-out zone
PROMENADE BUSKER PERFORMANCES:
• Open to anyone inspired to perform their art
• Preference given to those who sign up in advance with a reserved time spot
• Tip jars allowed
Can you bring the yum!? With over 18,000 attendees throughout the weekend, there is high demand for delicious food!
• $360-10’ x 10’ Food Booth Space
• $400-Food Truck on Alki Ave.
Food vendor booths are located directly outside of the Alki Bathhouse and along the promenade. Food trucks are located on street level just above the Bathhouse.
• $30-Trade Show License Fee*
*Only required if you do not have a City of Seattle Business License
Any cancellations after acceptance shall be subject to a 15% service fee.
Application & Payment Schedule
Dec 1-April 1: Artist applications accepted
Jan 1-May 1: Main Stage Performance applications accepted
Jan 1-March 15: Busker Performance signups accepted
May 2: Applicants notified of jury results
May 16: Invoices emailed to accepted applicants
May 31: All vendor fees due
July 2: Last day for refund (minus a 15% service fee)
Early load in on Friday
July 23 - Alki Art Fair
Artist & Food Vendors Load In / 5am-9am
Art Fair Open / 10am-9pm
Artist Booths Open / 10am-6pm
Live Performances / 12pm-9pm
(21+)Beer Garden / 11am- 9pm
July 24 - Alki Art Fair
Artist & Food Vendors Open / 10am-6pm
Live Performances / 12-6pm
(21+)Beer Garden / 11am-6pm
Event Closes and Load Out Begins / 6pm
Artists & Makers
Submit your application along with images of your work and booth, plus a brief description of your product and process.
Artist Photo Requirements
Applicants must submit 3 images of your art and 1 of your booth setup. If accepted, we will display your images on social media and the website.
- File names MUST include the name of your business as stated in the application (example: BusinessName_Booth.jpg or BusinessName_1.jpg
- Submitted images should be a minimum 1,000 x 1,000px.
- Max file size is 3MB.
- PHOTOS NOT RE-NAMED WILL RESULT IN YOUR APPLICATION BEING REJECTED.
The Alki Art Fair may also review your website and social accounts for other photo options for marketing purposes.
Prepackaged food will be reviewed/juried as food vendors rather than art vendors. If accepted to the Fair, prepackaged food vendors will be asked to pay the food booth fee ($400) as well as comply with the standard health requirements relating to the manufacturing and sale of food.
Because access to power is limited—the food truck option is preferred.
Seattle Municipal Code requires food vendors to use compostable food packaging.
IMPORTANT: Washington State and Seattle Business License and Requirements:
You will be asked to enter your City of Seattle Business License number in the vendor application.
- Leaving the Seattle Business License section blank or inserting an incorrect number will result in you being charged to use the Art Fair's Tradeshow License if accepted into the Fair.
- If you do not have a City of Seattle Business License the Tradeshow License will cover you for the duration of the event at a cost of $30 per vendor (which will be invoiced with your booth fee).
- A Seattle Business License may be obtained HERE.
A Washington State Business UBI (Unified Business ID) is also required.
- BEFORE submitting your application, please ensure that you have verified your UBI. Applications with missing or incorrect business license numbers may be rejected with no application refund.
- If you need to obtain a temporary Washington State UBI, you can contact the Washington State Department of Revenue. There is no charge for a temporary Washington State UBI and you can apply for one HERE.
- Each vendor is expected to comply with all local, state, and federal regulations regarding merchandise and sales taxes.
Application Fee: $35 (Non-refundable)
You will be invoiced for your booth fee upon acceptance with full payment due no later than 5/31/22.
- Trade Show License (if you do not have a City of Seattle Business License): $30
- Standard 10’ x 10’ Booth: $250
- Standard 10' x 10' Corner Booth $300
- Emerging Artist 6' Table: $0
- Food Standard 10' x 10' Booth: $400
- Food Truck: $400 (Preferred due to limited power hook up)
Any vendor cancellations after acceptance shall be subject to a 15% cancellation/refund fee. NO refunds will be given after 7/1/21.
Parks and Recreation Fee:
Seattle Parks and Recreation requires an additional fee per booth - $30 or 10% of gross sales (whichever is greater). This fee is required for any sales on Seattle Parks and Recreation property. Your fee MUST be paid to the Fair Treasurer before packing up your booth at the conclusion of the Fair. Our Park Use and Special Event Permits require that the Alki Art Fair collect this money and remit it to Seattle Parks and Recreation; it is NOT retained by the Fair.
The Alki Art Fair is a juried event, and we review each application carefully and thoughtfully. Our goal is to curate a diverse group of works and offerings based on the criteria below:
- Locally Made. You reside or craft the majority of your work locally, in the greater PNW area.
- Hand-Made or Designed. Your work is designed and/or handmade by you, or in collaboration with another artist. If you outsource your work in any way, please elaborate in your application.
- Originality. Your work is original, well-conceived and distinct.
- Quality. Your works are well-crafted, durable and made with high-quality materials and techniques.
- Presentation. Your booth or presentation is thoughtfully designed and on par with your offerings.
The Alki Art Fair is delighted to once again support ‘emerging artists’ - artists currently developing their unique style and artistic voice, by providing an opportunity to participate in a professional art fair in a large tent with their own 6’ table space, shared with other emerging artists.
This special category is intended for artists with little or no experience in exhibiting and selling their work at an art fair. You are NOT an emerging artist if you have previously participated in the Alki Art Fair or are clearly an experienced and frequently shown artist.
There will be a total of 10 artists selected through a competitive jury process identical to that used for the established artists. If accepted as an emerging artist, you will not pay a table fee but will still be required to have a City of Seattle Business License or pay a $30 trade show license fee. Additionally you will also be required to have a Washington State Universal Business Identifier (UBI). The Alki Art Fair will help walk you through the process to obtain both of these items.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Alki Art Fair is more than just art! We feature live music and performances throughout the weekend from 12pm to 9pm on Saturday and 12pm to 6pm on Sunday. We are looking for musicians and performers of all genres – rock, blues, jazz, children’s music, magicians, jugglers…if you can do it, we’d love for you to apply. With more than 18,000 people attending the Fair, it’s a great place for your act to grab attention, advertise future performances, and meet new fans. The Alki Art Fair provides compensation per act. We also provide volunteer assistance with setup and tear-down for each act, a break room with snacks and drinks, and a visible merchandise table area for your CDs and T-shirts.
The Fair features two stages. The Bathhouse Stage located just east of the Alki Bathhouse and smaller busker area along the beach promenade at 63rd Ave SW.
Alki Art Fair welcomes established and emerging performing artists we believe will resonate most with our diverse audiences and provide an engaging experience. Preference may be given to local performers.
Promenade Busker Spaces:
The Alki Art Fair is proud to pay tribute to the ancient tradition of busking and street performance that enriches our Pacific Northwest lives. Interested performers may reserve a time slot, or show up day of the Fair to check for open time slots. The Fair asks all Busker Performers adhere to the following:
• The performance schedule established by the Alki Art Fair must be respected.
• If you need to reschedule or cancel your reserved performance time, please communicate with the Fair as soon as possible.
• If a performance starts late, your performance time will be shortened in order to still end at the scheduled time.
• NO amplifiers or any form of sound enhancement is permitted
Recordings/Photos at the Event:
Performing artists agree to allow the Alki Art Fair to photograph, record, or videotape any performances that occur in connection with the event and to use such material and other materials related to said performance for promotional, marketing, archival, educational and/or fundraising purposes only, for all media in perpetuity. Any contemplated commercial uses shall require the mutual written consent of both parties.
Parks and Recreation Fee:
Seattle Parks and Recreation requires an additional fee for the sale of merchandise - $30 or 10% of gross sales (whichever is greater). This fee is required for any sales on Seattle Parks and Recreation property. Your fee MUST be paid to the Fair Treasurer before you depart the Fair. Our Park Use and Special Event Permits require that the Alki Art Fair collect this money and remit it to Seattle Parks and Recreation; it is NOT retained by the Fair.
The Alki Art Fair will provide overnight peer security Friday and Saturday so you do not need to take down your tent or display. We strongly recommend that your artwork and valuables be packed up and that you only leave your display overnight.
The Alki Art Fair is not responsible for the loss or damage to any artwork or personal properties.
Each year, the Alki Art Fair Board of Directors holds a silent auction to support the Fair which helps to keep the event affordable for artists and free to the public. We appreciate any vendor donations to the Silent Auction. The Silent Auction is a well-attended event during the Fair and generates interest in our artists. If you would like to donate a piece of your artwork, please contact email@example.com.
Rules and Regulations:
All Seattle Parks rules and regulations apply. See rules. The City of Seattle and/or the Alki Art Fair organization are not responsible for the loss or damage to any artwork or personal properties. The Alki Art Fair reserves the right to request vendors to vacate the premises for any non-family friendly works or behavior.
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES FROM THE ALKI ART FAIR
Thanks for subscribing! Please check your email for further instructions.