The assistant director would work closely with the current director to learn the ropes of planning, coordinating and running the Alki Art Fair.
- Work volume varies based on the calendar as it relates to the fair. More work as you get closer to the fair and during the month of July.
- They would attend all monthly board meetings and would have additional meetings with the director and volunteer chair positions as needed.
- Be present all three days of the fair Friday - Sunday plus the following Monday for some fair clean up
- Assist in the setup and teardown of the Fair;
- Work within the Fair budget and get expenses approved by the board;
- After the 2022 fair begin the planning of the 2023 Fair.
- Oversee all of the logistics of running a fair.
- Take the lead on the below items:
Communicate and compile rental requirements from all Chairs
Research solutions and procure quotes from possible suppliers/vendors for Director and/or Board approval
Reserve and be the point person for the portable toilets, compost and recycling and security services
Serve as the primary point of contact with suppliers/vendors of rentals
Be present or delegate a volunteer for all rental drop offs and pickups;
Determine need, quantity, and variety of food vendors required;
Revise the food vendor application form(s) as necessary;
Present food vendors candidates for Director and/or Board approval;
Ensure all food vendors have required permits;
Communicate the layout and needs of the food vendors to the Director; and
Serve as the primary point of contact with the food vendors during the fair
Vendor Load on and Out:
Develop a plan for carless vendor load in and out procedures
Rent all equipment needed
Secure parking areas for load in and out
Work with volunteer chair to schedule volunteers needed
Shuttle Service and Offsite Parking:
Develop offsite parking/shuttle service plan and obtain approval
Secure shuttle service
Work with the Technology and Publicity Chairs to advertise the offsite parking and shuttle service
Be the point person for the shuttle service during the Fair, record the number of people using the shuttle